- Developing Leaders
- Women in the Workplace
- Working Parents
Susan has been in Hong Kong for over 20 years, originally with Barclays Capital as Assistant Director in Operations & IT focusing on regional expansion and branch openings, and later moved to the consultancy firm Advisian focusing on the clients’ people/organisational challenges in Asia.
She began her career in the hospitality industry in UK, gaining valuable experience in building cohesive teams to improve customer satisfaction and revenues. In the 80s she retrained as a technical Business Analyst and joined a London based technology consultancy serving key clients, introducing major change across organisations via the new technologies.
Susan has applied her skill in the fields of coaching/training, and manpower projects for clients in a variety of industries in the private sector: banking and wealth management, legal, retail, hospitality, engineering & construction, Arts & Culture; plus the public sector of HK government divisions.Get in touch
Building on her own experience in change management across different sectors and regions Susan became a coach and facilitator in Leadership & Team Development in 2010. Susan’s perceptive and thought-provoking coaching style supports her clients to pivot in their thinking and behaviours in order to increase their personal development and create space for innovative thinking.
Susan is an advocate for achieving excellence through Strengths and building Strengths based organisations and teams. She is one of the first Hong Kong coaches trained and certified by the Gallup organisation to provide in-depth coaching on the StrengthsFinder results. She also designs customised Strengths’ Team Workshops to enable leaders to capitalise on the group’s strengths to achieve their shared goals.
Susan’s own regional background within the context of global organisations and coaching enables her to assist both senior and rising leaders in Hong Kong and Asia Pacific with their own specific challenges, such as:
- Enhancing self-awareness of individuals and groups through coaching & facilitation to leverage their strengths daily rather than primarily focused on fixing weaknesses;
- Mastering the core competencies of global executives (including managing diverse and dispersed teams, communication, fostering collaboration and innovation, influencing stakeholders, recognizing cross-cultural expectations, and setting boundaries);
- Gaining personal career traction and developing executive presence;
Adapting leadership style to meet new challenges and changing expectations;
- Managing in virtual teams with regional responsibilities.
Training & Qualifications
- Gallup-Certified Strengths coach
- Accredited in Human Synergistics’ Styles and Teams Tools, LSI
- Founding Member of the HK Chapter of International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Trained as an Erickson Coach – Erickson Coaching International
- HND Hotel Management, University of Portsmouth
I was very happy with Susan who clearly has a lot of experience in this field. She was an attentive listener and had some very useful tips up her sleeve how to handle certain struggles/ situations I experienced at the workplace professionally.Associate, Major Law Firm