Ted Talks we Love
We know many of you like to watch Ted Talks as a great way of learning, so we have assembled some of our favourite Ted Talks.
Reputation and how to change perception
This is a fantastic video with Carla Harris, Morgan Stanley’s Vice Chairman, Wealth Management, Managing Director, highlighting how to create the reputation you want professionally and the importance of investing in relationships. Recommended by Kate Buller.
Jane McGonigal shares how to boost resilience Recommended by Kate Buller.
The game that can give you 10 extra years of life
Daniel Pink – Puzzle of Motivation. Recommended by Geraldine Gallacher.
Simon Sinek uses a simple, powerful model inspiring action. Recommended by Geraldine Gallacher.
Why Leaders Eat Last – Simon Sinek talk on the hidden dynamics that inspire leadership and trust. Recommended by Jane Storer.
– Susan Colantuona’s talk highlights what she views as the missing 33% of career advice for women. Recommended by Jane Storer.
The Career Advice You Probably Didn’t Get
Tim Urban’s Inside the Mind of a Master Procrastinator particularly interesting and valuable. Recommended by Jane Storer.
Returning to work after a break –
Carol Fishman Cohen’s Ted Talk: How to get back to work after a career break – Recommended by Natalia Martinez
Shawn Anchor’s practical tips to build into your day to feel happier. Recommended by Valeria Bille.
The happy secret to better work
Positive stress –
Kelly McGonigal’s Ted Talk ‘How to make stress your friend’ showing how stress can be seen as a positive. Recommended by Nicole Dainton.
In the May 2017 edition:
- Welcome message and overview
- Where have all the leaders gone?
- The Chessboard and Web Strategies of Connection in a Networked World
- How can you take control and manage change in your career?
- Is your child getting enough sleep?
- Returnships Taking Off
- Ted Talks we Love
- What makes a great communicator great?
- Role Model Corner – Frederick Krespi
- Walking in Marianne’s Footsteps